It is a well-known fact that a proper education is the gateway for the future and the means through which you can achieve your dreams. If you have the proper education, you can increase your chances of getting a proper job. However, there is a problem, faced by many students as far as pursuing education is concerned. Not all of them have the finances required to complete their education. The recent economic crisis has left many persons without a job. Apart from this, the prices of essential commodities are also increasing. School grants can help these needy people achieve their dreams and complete their education.
The sad reality is that not many aspiring students are aware about these school grants and the benefits it offers them. These can make all the difference between able to attend college and not. For the uninitiated, there are two types of grants for school and they are the FSEOG (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants) and the Pell Grants. The U.S. Government funds the latter school grants, which is widely popular and quite accessible. However, there are certain things that you need to know before making an application. The individual applying for the grant for school needs to be an American citizen.
However, even eligible non-citizens can apply for the Pell Grant. Apart from the above, this particular grants is provided to an undergraduate who has been unable to earn a bachelor’s degree, possesses a high school diploma, and can benefit the most from the mentioned grant. A formula, known as the Expected Family Contribution is furthermore utilized to determine whether the candidate is eligible for a school grant. The FSEOG also takes into consideration the financial requirement of the student. In case the student is approved for the school grant, 75% of the tuition fees is paid by the FSEOG and the other 25% is paid by the school.
The applicant needs to fill up an form before they are eligible to receive the grant for school. This form, known as the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid Form) is available online and you can find it at government institutions, libraries, schools, and universities as well. In case you download this form from the internet, you will have to print it out. The main purpose of this form is to ascertain the financial status of your family as well as forms the base for your eligibility to the school grant. Complete this form and send it for it to be examined.